Once you have made the decision to live a drug-free life, the first thing you have to do is find the right facility to help you detox yourself.
Finding the right detox facility can be overwhelming and difficult but this medical drug detox in Houston offers the best medical drug detox program.
It is impossible to break your addiction without sobriety. Thow you will achieve sobriety is through detoxification, detoxification is the process through which addictive substances are flushed out of your body system.
The process of detoxing is somewhat terrifying because of its sometimes severe withdrawal symptoms. This is why it is recommended to detox in a medical detox facility.
In this article we will explore how you can choose the best detox facility amidst that can help you achieve your goals.
- Accreditation and Licensing: It is easy to be fooled by various marketing gimmicks of various detox facilities claiming to offer the most effective detoxing programmes. A proven litmus test to separate the charlatans from credible ones is to check if they are accredited, certified or licensed to practise reputable organizations. Check if the facility is licensed by the state, you can also see if The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) accredits the facility. CARF is a trusted independent organization that offers accreditation based on industry performance standards and demonstrated results, quality and value.
- Cost: depending on the quality of service rendered by the detox centres, the cost of treatment may vary from a few thousand dollars to hundreds of thousand.
While it is noteworthy that no amount is too expensive to invest in your health, it is important to keep in mind your budget and ability to pay.
- The credentials and experience of the staff: Accreditation and license of health professionals signals that you will be monitored and treated by people who have passed the requirements of the law. And in the case where certification is not enough, you can bank on the experience of the health professionals to see you through the trying moments that lie before you.
- Understand the treatment approach of the detox facilities: The best approach to curing your addiction is a mullti-disciplinary approach that involves the input of professionals from fields spanning across medicine, psychiatry, chemistry, psychology and nutrition. Flee from facilities that do not maintain this approach in their addiction treatment programs or facilities that claim to have a professional who is an expert in all of the aforementioned fields, it is a scam!
- Testimonials/ Treatment success rate: what are the experiences of people who have detoxed in your target facility before? Do they have bad experiences or good experiences to share? Was the program successful?
You can also request from the facility if they track their success and failures in helping beat the problem of addiction. This would give you clearer insight into how the facility operates.
Your ability to overcome your addiction problem depends largely on the quality of care you receive at the detox centre and of course, your will power plays a strong role!